API Product Engineer
Dept: Product Management/Project Management
Location: Chicago, IL or Queensbury, NY
The API Product Engineer will engage customers in conversations about API usage, advise them on best practice implementation of TMS APIs, and convert specific customer needs into requirements and specifications for new APIs. The individual will play an evangelist role by engaging the developer community in TMS forums, in industry communities, on blogs and in the social web, as well as speak at industry events.
- Provide primary support for developers implementing TMS APIs by answering their technical questions and providing sample code when necessary.
- Engage and manage online developer community.
- Attend industry events on behalf of TMS.
- Communicate API features and capabilities to a customer or prospect during a sales process.
- Understand customer’s specific requirements during a sales process to make recommendations on usage of TMS data and API’s.
- Develop detailed specifications for new API’s or enhancements for existing APIs.
- Develop and maintain reference application to showcase usage of TMS APIs.
- Perform detailed acceptance and integration testing of new and versioned APIs prior to launch.
- Assist in development of technical API documentation.
- Primary technical liaison to the chosen API Management vendor responsible for all setup and support of this platform as deployed for TMS.
- Primary technical liaison to the Tribune systems operations group responsible for technical support of TMS APIs.
- Understands at a detailed level how other TMS data products will complement TMS APIs
- Understands at a detailed level the overall TMS database design and entity metadata structure.
- In conjunction with Product Manager, develops best practices and tools for implementation of products.
- Expert at latest technology trends related to APIs and applications utilizing APIs for purposes of recognizing benefits to existing and future TMS products.
- B.S. in Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a software development role.
- Minimum 3 years experience developing APIs or developing applications integrating APIs.
- Development experience with TMS, ROVI, or other structured entertainment databases strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, communications, project management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Experience in media or information management industries a plus.
- Knowledge of application development languages, SQL access of databases, web technologies, and XML required.
- Occasional travel to client sites, conventions, training locations, etc.
To apply click here www.tribjobs.com and refer to Job ID: 2012-20565.