Director, Major Accounts
Dept: Digital Sales
Location: West Coast
The entertainment world revolves around television, movies, celebrities and the many ways people can watch their favorite people and programs. TMS thrives in that exciting environment -- where the world of entertainment meets computer science. We work with industry leading companies around the world whose products are evolving at an incredible pace to keep up with the expanding ways consumers can watch television shows and movies. We’re looking for highly motivated sales professionals who have a passion for entertainment and technology to join us in this exciting space.
- Achieve sales and revenue goals in assigned territory.
- Close sales by prospecting and developing relationships, analyzing needs and opportunities, negotiating contract terms, documenting activity and thoroughly following up on issues pertaining to the sale and delivery of services to customers.
- Meet regularly with accounts and prospects to drive revenue growth, product and business product development initiatives.
- Negotiate contract extensions with current clients and protect against cancellation.
- Retain and grow current revenue through regular communication with customers.
- Communicate with operations to deliver products and services to customers in assigned territory.
- Maintain an effective working knowledge of industry trends in relevant markets and industries that could lead to new business opportunities and/or impact current products and remain up-to-date on competitive activities.
- Develop ideas for new products or services for sale to new media industry.
- Travel to meetings, conventions and trade shows.
- Report on all activity in assigned territory.
- 4-year college degree preferred or equivalent experience in a position in a related industry
- Proven track record of sales achievement and/or extensive experience in the television listings industry
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong presentation and telephone sales skills
- High energy, enthusiasm, initiative and drive
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Technical aptitude
- Knowledge of the technology sector and new media industries
- Strong knowledge of existing products and services
- Travel as required
To apply click here www.tribjobs.com and refer to Job ID: 2011-19229.