Java Software Engineer Level III
Location: Chicago, IL
Be prepared to love what you do. Tribune Media Services is an international leader in entertainment navigation, providing industry-leading databases of TV, movie and celebrity information to thousands of companies that serve millions of entertainment consumers. We take pride in what we do and we value a creative, entrepreneurial spirit and nurture a culture that delivers results. We’re seeking an experienced Java developer to help develop our next generation products which are used to deliver data products to major clients within the entertainment information industry.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of multiple technologies.
- Works on the most complex components of core systems with little or no guidance
- Delivers excellent work results consistently
- Provides software design/architecture solutions
- Develops software and solutions based best-practices
- Mentors less-experienced team members
- Works as part of a team to plan, develop, and implement high quality software solutions within the required timeframes using an Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Provides detailed documentation for all software components and applications.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- 7 to 8+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience building n-tiered, high-volume, consumer-facing Internet applications using J2EE and J2EE design patterns.
- Expertise in JSP, Servlets and Java programming.
- Hand-on experience with application servers such as Oracle Application Server, WebLogic, or WebSphere.
- Thorough knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MySQL), schema design and implementation, JDBC, and SQL.
- Deep understanding of Object to Relational Mapping tools, such as TopLink or Hibernate.
- Strong Experience working in UNIX environments (Solaris, Linux).
- Experience implementing web sites utilizing open source products and frameworks such as LAMP or Ruby on Rails a plus.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills, as there is a high degree of user interaction.
- Requires a customer service orientation and competence in response to vendors and staff during system development, implementation, and problem resolution.
- Must demonstrate strong skills in the areas of analysis, motivation and organization.
- Must be available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week on an emergency basis for troubleshooting.
- Must be able to participate in occasional travel to other Tribune business units, vendors, or client sites.
To apply click here www.tribjobs.com and refer to Job ID: 2012-20374.