Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
The entertainment world revolves around television, movies, celebrities and the many ways people can watch their favorite people and programs. TMS thrives in that exciting environment -- where the world of entertainment meets computer science. We work with industry leading companies around the world whose products are evolving at an incredible pace to keep up with the expanding ways consumers can watch television shows and movies.
The Quality Assurance Engineer role is to ensure quality products and service offerings from Tribune Media Services organization. The focus for this role is applying industry best practices to ensure TMS’ online service offerings meet business and technical requirements.
- Work with software development teams to understand the architecture of new and existing applications.
- Plan test approach and develop automated and manual scripts using standard testing toolset and framework.
- Ensure best practices in script maintainability and version control are applied.
- Work with software development teams to ensure automated tests are executed consistently and results are available for follow up and reporting.
- Effectively multi-task and manage priorities to address testing requirements in a dynamic project setting.
- Stay connected with industry best practices, research tools, and provide recommendations that support overall Tribune mission and goals.
- Experience using open source test automation tools such as Selenium, JMeter, Cucumber, and/or TestComplete.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration principles and tools such as Hudson/Jenkins.
- Thorough understanding of software development and architectural principles.
- Ability to understand and analyze and multi-tiered software application.
- Knowledge of release management and deployment tools and methodologies.
- Experience successfully working in an environment with applications that have 24X7 uptime requirements.
- Ability to apply best practices in helping diagnose problems such as checking logs and configuration settings.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize and organize work in an environment with multiple active projects and aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various technical and business roles such as product management, software engineering, project management, end users, and upper management.
- Experience with software build tools such as ANT or MAVEN would be an asset.
- Experience with software development, agile methodology, and/or content publishing would be an asset.
To apply click here www.tribjobs.com and refer to Job ID: 2012-20841.