Software Engineer III
Location: Queensbury, NY
Be prepared to love what you do. Tribune Media Services is an international leader in entertainment navigation, providing industry-leading databases of TV, movie and celebrity information to thousands of companies that serve millions of entertainment consumers. We also provide content to print and online media featuring editorials, comics, news, puzzles and more. We take pride in what we do and we value a creative, entrepreneurial spirit and nurture a culture that delivers results. The Software Engineering team is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to help develop our next generation production platform which is used to deliver data products to clients like Microsoft, Google, TiVo, Time Warner, IMDB, and more.
Design, develop, test, implement, document and maintain software, database and product solutions that fulfill TMS business objectives: generate new revenue opportunities, promote customer satisfaction and realize operational efficiencies in productivity and quality control. Act as the key liaison between the San Francisco and Queensbury development teams.
- Act as a senior technical resource for TMS staff; stay abreast of current technology
- Be the Queensbury expert on CastTV software – data acquisition, data matching and OVD product setup
- Troubleshoot, maintain and enhance existing software and databases
- Design applications, database and product solutions that satisfy business objectives and customer requirements
- Issue thorough documentation for each phase of technical development
- Code application software and databases
- Assure quality through a controlled testing phase
- Implement solutions in live environment
- Coordinate with Training to supply users’ documentation for each solution
- Review and approve product specifications to assure quality standards; periodically examine product code
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in an Information Technology position developing in an OO environment
- Demonstrated leadership, communications, organizational and problem solving skills; team player
- Proven analytical, development, software, database, user support and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of many of the following technologies: Linux, SQL, Java, XML, Ruby, Python
- Experience in production environment; customer-centric; deadline driven
- Ability to multi-task; manage multiple responsibilities
To apply click here www.tribjobs.com and refer to job ID 2012-20264.